Starting Module 3



Starting Module 3


Being on the full time course, module three is only a 7 week process. This means I will have to adapt the way I had originally intended to carry out my enquiry to be able to fit the time scale. Because of this, I have recognised the importance of having a clear direction and purpose for what I am investigating and how I intend to this. Although I was certain I would be carrying out interviews and had an idea of what I wanted to find more about, I will now focus on specific questions and sub-topics surrounding the main subject of social media strategies that will make a contribution to the outcome. From my feedback, I have noticed that I had not been referring to my practice enough and so I wasn't engaging to allow for simultaneous growth in both my practice and on the course. Because of this, moving forward I will alter my way of thought to directly investigate the use of social media within Chrysalis London (My practice), including how the individual members of the company use social media, how I personally use it, and how other companies in the UK are using it. 

To this more efficiently, I have a devised a set of questions that I will be referring back from the onset of module three, to ensure that I stay on track and do not drift to far away from my enquiry. 

Questions I will be asking myself throughout the enquiry:

What is a social media strategy?
What social media strategy does chrysalis use on instagram?
How does it compare to the way other companies are using instagram?
Can I/ should I implement this on my own social media strategy?
How are other members of chrysalis using their personal/ chrysalis London accounts?
What social media strategy am I currently using?
How does it differ from the way I control the chrysalis page to my own page?
Is it worth having a dance specific account?
Are the members of chrysalis who are reposting the chrysalis posts more engaged with the company?
Does the use of social media bring the company closer?
What benefits are there sharing chrysalis posts on personal accounts (exposure, etc)
Can this type of strategy then be applied to individuals seeing as we are our own businesses?

Reflecting back on module 2, I recognise that I was not as specific as I should have been with my enquiry and found that I drifted onto other topics. Although this could have potentially caused me to not have a direct vision, I feel it was beneficial in other ways as I learned a substantial amount of information surrounding my topic and gained more of a perspective on what other people are talking about. 

I am really looking forward to see what I discover during module 3 :) 

Comments

Popular Posts